The Education intern will assist with the creation and implementation of interpretative signage, tours, and educational displays. This intern will also develop and lead youth summer programming including Kids’ Story Time, weekend Discovery Stations, school garden programs and Summer Camps. Emphasis will be placed on developing educational programming for children that aligns with state educational standards and organization and implementation of classes and workshops for adults. Compensation is $8.50/hour.
The Education Intern must
- be currently enrolled at a college or university working towards an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
- have an interest in working with plants and insects (butterflies), teaching (particularly in non-formal educational settings), and public gardens.
- have an interest in teaching all age groups, particularly pre-K to 2nd grade.
- be able to work in outdoor conditions.
- have an ability to work intermittent weekend and evening hours.
- have a valid driver’s license.
More information about each internship opportunity is listed below.For further information please contact:
Assistant Director & Internship Coordinator
Reiman Gardens – Iowa State University
1407 University Blvd, Ames, IA 50011