The Events intern will assist with the creation and implementation of special events at Reiman Gardens throughout the summer including, Rose Fest, Independence Day Celebration, Garden Art Fair, Garden Quilt Show and others. This includes planning, organizing, developing activities, managing food and set-ups. The events intern will also have an opportunity to work with private events, such as meetings, seminars and weddings and assist in the successful completion of these events. Compensation is $8.50/hour.
* Possible hours available before and after internship.
The Events Intern must
- be currently enrolled at a college or university working towards an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
- have a strong interest in events management .
- interact easily, positively, and effectively with the public.
- have an interest in working in public gardens or other non-profit organizations.
- have an ability to work regular weekend and evening hours.
- be able to lift 50 pounds.
- have a valid driver’s license.
For further information please contact:
Assistant Director & Internship Coordinator
Iowa State University
1407 University Blvd
Ames, IA 50011