Garden & Landscape Maintenance Intern
The Garden and Landscape Maintenance intern will maintain the permanent plant collections and the outdoor rotating floral display gardens. The development of horticulture skills in planting, weeding, watering, mulching, edging, pruning, mowing, fertilizing, and maintaining outdoor displays and water features in several different themed garden areas is emphasized. The intern will work with the rose collection, woody plants, Iowa native plants, water plants, perennials, annuals, turf grass, fruits, and vegetables. Compensation is $8.50/hour.
* Possible hours available before and after internship.
The Garden & Landscape Maintenance Intern must
- be currently enrolled at a college or university working towards an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
- have a strong interest in the care and maintenance of plants and landscapes and public gardens.
- be able to work in all outdoor conditions.
- be able to lift 50 pounds.
- have an ability to work occasional weekend and evening hours.
- have a valid driver’s license.
More information about each internship opportunity is listed below.For further information please contact:
Assistant Director & Internship Coordinator
Reiman Gardens – Iowa State University
1407 University Blvd, Ames, IA 50011