Plant Collections & Records Intern
The Plant Collections intern will assist with maintaining the plant collection records at Reiman Gardens. Responsibilities include inputting data into the plant database, accessioning incoming and existing plant materials, researching plant nomenclature and characteristics, creating accurate display labels for plant material, creating as-built maps of installed plant materials, photographing certain plant collections, and creating and attaching accession tags to the plant collection. The intern will work with several computer software programs like AutoCAD. Compensation is $8.50/hour.
The Plant Collections & Records Intern must
- be currently enrolled at a college or university working towards an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
- have a strong interest in plants, botanical nomenclature, and public gardens.
- be comfortable working with computers and learning new computer programs and hardware.
- be able to work in all outdoor conditions.
- be able to lift 50 pounds.
- have an ability to work occasional weekend and evening hours.
- have a valid driver’s license.
More information about each internship opportunity is listed below.For further information please contact:
Assistant Director & Internship Coordinator
Reiman Gardens – Iowa State University
1407 University Blvd, Ames, IA 50011