Retail Management Intern
The Retail Management intern will assist the Gift Shop Manager in planning and buying merchandise, meeting with wholesale representatives, and will attend an out of town Gift Market. The intern will also plan the window displays and coordinate them with Gardens’ events. Other responsibilities will include opening and closing of the store, sales, customer service and data entry. As part of Reiman Gardens, the intern will also have the opportunity to work with the Gardens’ marketing staff to get a broad retail experience. Compensation is $8.50/hour.
* Possible hours available before and after internship.
The Retail Management Intern must
- be currently enrolled at a college or university working towards an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
- have a strong interest in retail management .
- interact easily, positively, and effectively with the public.
- have an interest in working in public gardens or other non-profit organizations.
- have an ability to work occasional weekend and evening hours.
- be able to lift 50 pounds.
- have a valid driver’s license.
More information about each internship opportunity is listed below.For further information please contact:
Assistant Director & Internship Coordinator
Reiman Gardens – Iowa State University
1407 University Blvd, Ames, IA 50011