Admissions & Directions
General Admission fees:
- $8 for adults ages 18 to 64
- $7 for seniors ages 65 and up
- $4 for kids ages 4 to 17
- Free for kids ages 3 and under
You can apply your day’s admission towards the purchase of an annual membership. CLICK HERE to learn more.
On the second Wednesday of every month, all guests may visit Reiman Gardens free of charge. Free days are subject to change.
Hours of Operation
(see important note below about Iowa State Football home games)
- Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. including the 17 acres of outdoor gardens, the indoor tropical plant Conservatory, the Butterfly Wing, and the Gift Shop.
- Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Extended summer hours from May 1 to September 30
- 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. includes the 17 acres of outdoor gardens, the indoor tropical plant Conservatory, and Gift Shop
- Summer Butterfly Wing hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Each holiday season Reiman Gardens will be open late on Thursdays in December before Christmas
- 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. includes the 17 acres of outdoor gardens, the indoor tropical plant Conservatory, and Gift Shop
- Butterfly Wing hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: With close proximity to Iowa State University’s Jack Trice Football Stadium, there is no guest parking available on home football game days. Check the Iowa State football schedule HERE. Call (515) 294-2710 for more information.
Admissions and hours are subject to change without prior notice.
Location & Directions
- Some smart phones and GPS list Reiman Gardens and our mailing address 1407 University Blvd. in the wrong location.
- Instead of entering Reiman Gardens or our address, enter into the map’s search field “intersection of University Boulevard and South 16 Street Ames”. Find the map below with directions to our entrance from the intersection of University Blvd. and S. 16 St.
Wheelchairs & Electric Scooters
Reiman Gardens provides wheelchairs and electric scooters for those with mobility issues free of charge during your visit. No reservations are required. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To use a scooter or wheelchair, inform the Front Desk Associate upon your arrival.
Map of Reiman Gardens