The Special Events intern will assist with the creation and implementation of special events at Reiman Gardens throughout the summer including, Rose Fest, Independence Day Celebration, Garden Art Fair, Garden Quilt Show and others. This includes planning, organizing, developing activities, managing food and set-ups. The special events intern will also on occasion when the need arises be responsible for moving tables and chairs to prepare indoor or outdoor spaces for various events, classes, and programs. Additionally, when needed the special events intern will be asked to serve as a tour guide. Training to give tours will be provided. Hourly pay rate is $9.50.
The Special Events Intern must
- be currently enrolled at a college or university working towards an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
- have a strong interest in events management .
- interact easily, positively, and effectively with the public.
- have an interest in working in public gardens or other non-profit organizations.
- have an ability to work regular weekend and evening hours.
- be able to lift 50 pounds.
- have a valid driver’s license.
For further information please contact:
Assistant Director & Internship Coordinator
Iowa State University
1407 University Blvd
Ames, IA 50011