Turfgrass & Irrigation Maintenance Intern
The Turfgrass and Irrigation Maintenance intern will maintain the nearly seven acres of turf areas at the Gardens. The development of horticulture skills in seeding, chemical application, mowing, and trimming turf with a variety of specialized turf equipment is emphasized. The intern will work with both cool and warm season turf and work to maintain and update the Gardens extensive irrigation system. Hourly pay rate is $9.75.
The Turfgrass & Irrigation Maintenance Intern must
- be currently enrolled at a college or university working towards an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
- have a strong interest in the care and maintenance of turf and turf equipment.
- be able to work in all outdoor conditions.
- be able to lift 50 pounds.
- have an ability to work occasional weekend and evening hours.
- have a valid driver’s license.
More information about each internship opportunity is listed below.For further information please contact:
Assistant Director & Internship Coordinator
Reiman Gardens – Iowa State University
1407 University Blvd, Ames, IA 50011