As part of Iowa State University, Reiman Gardens’ full time career opportunities are available on Iowa State University’s job opportunities page HERE.
Required Minimum Quals:
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related experience; OR a Master’s degree and 2 years of related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience totaling 8 years unless otherwise specified under supplemental required education and experience. Experience must be at a comparable level and directly related to the duties of this position.
- A degree in fund raising, business, nonprofit administration, public administration or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of fundraising including annual fund, sponsorships, major and planned giving.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing strategy and solicitation implementation to include corporate relations and major gift development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and association with membership programs/departments.
- Experience working within a membership-based organization similar to a public garden or other non-profit organization.
- Experience working with fund raising and membership software, social media and Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel and Access).
- Experience in organizing fund raising events and working with the general public.
Reiman Gardens creates a striking entrance to Iowa State University and the City of Ames. Situated on a 17-acre site, the year-round facility features distinct gardens throughout the outdoor areas, an indoor conservatory, 2,500 square-foot indoor butterfly wing, butterfly emergence cases, a gift shop, and five supporting greenhouses. Reiman Garden’s mission is to educate, enchant and inspire an appreciation of plants, butterflies, and the beauty of the natural world.
Reiman Gardens is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Program Coordinator II –Development Manager. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director and indirectly to the Director and will engage supporters of the Gardens to create, manage and coordinate the planned giving/estate drive and gift development, including major donor gifts and capital campaign funding. This position will
- oversee day to day operations of gifts to support the Gardens,
- manage the sponsorship program,
- manage grants and grant application with assistance from other staff,
- plan and manage future and current revenue-producing campaigns,
- work to increase financial support for the Gardens,
- direct fund raising to grow the Gardens’ endowment, and
- proactively interact with the general public, membership base, the Iowa State University Foundation staff, and Reiman Gardens’ volunteers and donors.
The position will work closely with the Iowa State University Foundation liaison focusing on cultivating relationships with current and potential donors to solicit pledges and gifts. This position also serves as a member of the Reiman Gardens senior management team.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently and in a team environment. The candidate will be detailed-oriented, creative and possess the ability to manage multiple, ongoing tasks. The candidate will also be self-motivated with strong written and oral communication skills, and have the ability to work in a professional and confidential manner.
The duties of this position will include occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
For consideration, submit application before:
November 4, 2019