As part of Iowa State University, Reiman Gardens’ full time career opportunities are available on Iowa State University’s job opportunities page HERE.
Manager of Volunteer Engagement
Required Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, museum studies, human resources, management, public relations or related field.
- 4 years direct experience in the role of volunteer management.
- 2 years experience working with volunteer databases such as Better Impact, Volgistics, Raptor, Volunteer Impact, Volunteer Hub or similar.
- 2 years with direct experience in a position that works with risk management and related departments analyzing, managing and mitigating risk for employees and/or volunteers.
- 2 years direct experience producing training materials, implementing training and developing best practices for staff and/or volunteers.
Reiman Gardens at Iowa State Univeristy is seeking candidates for a Manager of Volunteer Engagement. This position will be responsible for managing the entire volunteer program for Reiman Gardens, which is a 17-acre public garden utilizing large numbers of volunteers. In 2021, that engagement was with around 1200 volunteers with the goal of continuous growth due to expanding events, programs, staffing and new garden spaces.
The primary responsibilities include planning, administrative and leadership roles that strategically leverage volunteers to assist staff and clientele in roles where volunteers enhance operations. That will include regular volunteers in recurring roles as well as one-time event volunteerism. Candidates should have experience in and a strong record of volunteer management, engagement, recruitment, retention, training, supervision, evaluation, reporting, scheduling and database management. The Manager of Volunteer Engagement will work closely with a number of departments that utilize volunteers. This will require team-based skills with excellent communication. Some events may require hundreds of volunteers over the course of a few days so time management and excellent organizational skills are key to success. Because the Manager of Volunteer Engagement interacts with volunteers and staff as well as visitors, excellent customer service and human relations skills are necessary. This role will represent the Gardens and take leadership roles within volunteer based organizations as well as conferences, committees and similar venues. This is an excellent opportunity for a volunteer coordinator looking to take their volunteer management experience to the next level and expand their skills.
Job type: Full time