Butterfly Wing Tours
Reiman Gardens’ Entomology Department will be offering a special Butterfly Wing tour for a limited time while the Conservatory Complex remains closed to the public because of COVID-19. Tours will have access to the Butterfly Wing, butterfly display wall, butterfly emergence windows and invertebrate display tanks. Each participant will receive their own butterfly to release into the Butterfly Wing. Staff leading these tours will do their best to tailor the tour to group’s interest in these spaces.
- Preregistration is required by calling 515-294-2710. No same day registrations.
- 30-minute tour
- Cost is $10 per person for members. The general public pays $10 per person plus the admission rate to the Gardens.
- Minimum group size 1 person. Maximum group size 9 people.
- Payment will be taken when group arrives. Payment must be made by credit card or debit card.
- Only one group will be registered for a time slot
- Masks are required for all participants at all times while inside the building. Visitors must supply their own masks.
- All participants will wash their hands at the hand washing station when entering the building
- Butterfly Wing tour groups will use the main entrance as their entry point. Wait outside the building for a staff person to let you in.
- Groups will need to arrive 5 minutes early to handle payment
- Tours will start promptly on scheduled times
- Restrooms for guests can be found in the Mahlstede Building as well as the Hunziker House
- For questions contact the Entomology staff at