Portland, Oregon Trip Led by Director Ed Lyon
September 17–22, 2019
6 Days • 9 Meals
This program is canceled due to low registration.
A Fascinating Horticultural Tour in the Pacific Northwest
You’ll love this northwestern adventure discovering Portland and its surrounding areas. View stunning mountain vistas of the famed Mt. Hood from the International Rose Test Gardens and Washington Park. Enjoy lunch at the spectacular Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, a national landmark built by the Civilian Conservation Corps and WPA during the 1930’s. Visit stunning gardens, each showcasing their unique beauty, new breeds and growing techniques.
Learn more about the daily schedule for this amazing trip as well as how to reserve your spot here.
- World’s Largest supplier of shade trees, J. Frank Schmidt & Son
- The extensive gardens, orchards and vineyards of McMenniman’s Edgefield
- Spectacular Columbia River Gorge and the famous Multnomah Falls
- A walk through the country’s premier supplier of conifers
- Lunch on spectacular Mount Hood at Timberline Lodge.
- Lan Su Chinese Garden, where 90% of the plants are indigenous to China.
- The famed Portland Japanese Gardens
- Visit the International Rose Test Garden
- Sauvie Island’s Cistus Design Nursery and its Mediterranean climate
- Dinner cruise along the Willamette River, showcasing the skyline of Portland
- Bag handling (1 per person) at hotels
- Welcome dinner reception, 24-hour emergency call service, free bottled water on coach