Admissions, Hours & Directions
General Admission Fees:
- $12 for general admission
- $11 for seniors ages 65 and up
- $6 for youth ages 2-12
- Free for youth under 2
- Members from participating AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program institutions receive two complimentary general admissions OR one general admission and two youth (2-12) admissions.
- Free for full-time ISU students.
- $2 off for anyone with Military ID and their immediate family (spouse and any children in household).
- Free for individuals and families presenting a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, WIC card, and a valid form of photo ID for up to four individuals per EBT card. This benefit is not valid with a P-EBT card.
- Home football game days free admission for anyone with a ticket for that day’s game. ½ price for anyone else.
- View our days featuring special admission rates HERE.
You can apply your day’s admission towards the purchase of an annual membership. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Hours of Operation
- Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Fall and winter hours from October 1 to April 30, open daily from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This includes the outdoor gardens and Conservatory Complex with the Butterfly Wing, Gift Shop, and Conservatory.
- Reiman Gardens will close early at 4:00 p.m. to setup for Spirits in the Gardens on the following days: Saturday, October 22 and Sunday, October 23.
- Summer hours from May 1 until September 30.
- 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. includes outdoor gardens, indoor plant Conservatory and Gift Shop.
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for the Butterfly Wing
Note: With close proximity to Iowa State University’s Jack Trice Football Stadium, there is no guest parking available on home football game days. Check the Iowa State football schedule HERE. Call (515) 294-2710 for more information.
Location & Directions
Some smart phones and GPS list Reiman Gardens and our mailing address 1407 University Blvd. in the wrong location.
- Instead of entering Reiman Gardens or our address, enter into the map’s search field “intersection of University Boulevard and South 16 Street Ames”. Find the map below with directions to our entrance from the intersection of University Blvd. and S. 16 St.
Wheelchairs & Electric Scooters
Wheelchairs and motorized scooters are currently available to be checked out at the Front Desk for public use. Scooters and wheelchairs will be wiped down periodically by staff, and we will have disinfectant wipes available for public use before using. They are provided for those with mobility issues free of charge during your visit. No reservations are required. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To use a scooter or wheelchair, inform the Front Desk Associate upon your arrival.
- Click on the map to view larger.