Admissions, Hours & Directions
General Admission Fees:
- $9 general admission
- $8 for seniors ages 65 and up
- $4.50 for youth ages 2-12
- Free for youth under 2
- Members from participating AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program institutions receive two complimentary general admissions OR one general admission and two youth (2-12) admissions.
- Free for full-time ISU students.
- Free for active duty military and one guest with active duty military ID.
- Free for individuals and families presenting a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID for up to four individuals per EBT card.
- View our days featuring special admission rates HERE.
|General Admissions (expires in 1 year):||
General Admissions (valid for one year)
You can apply your day’s admission towards the purchase of an annual membership. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Hours of Operation
(see important note below about Iowa State Football home games)
- Open daily year round from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. including the 17 acres of outdoor gardens, the indoor tropical plant Conservatory, the Butterfly Wing, and the Gift Shop.
- Extended summer hours from May 1 to September 30
- 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. includes the 17 acres of outdoor gardens, the indoor tropical plant Conservatory, and Gift Shop
- Summer Butterfly Wing hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Reiman Gardens will stay open late to see the tulips in bloom until 8:00 p.m. on the following nights April 27, May 2, May 3, and May 4
- Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Note: With close proximity to Iowa State University’s Jack Trice Football Stadium, there is no guest parking available on home football game days. Check the Iowa State football schedule HERE. Call (515) 294-2710 for more information.
Location & Directions
- Some smart phones and GPS list Reiman Gardens and our mailing address 1407 University Blvd. in the wrong location.
- Instead of entering Reiman Gardens or our address, enter into the map’s search field “intersection of University Boulevard and South 16 Street Ames”. Find the map below with directions to our entrance from the intersection of University Blvd. and S. 16 St.
Wheelchairs & Electric Scooters
Reiman Gardens provides wheelchairs and electric scooters for those with mobility issues free of charge during your visit. No reservations are required. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis. To use a scooter or wheelchair, inform the Front Desk Associate upon your arrival.
Map of Reiman Gardens
- Click on the map to view larger.